Business process management (BPM) software is a way to ensure that the workflow of your organization is more effective, and optimized. It can give you an edge by making sure that your processes are more efficient and optimized. It will also help you adapt in an environment that is always changing. BPM software allows you to go through the process more efficiently, and test your new workflow designs before implementing them.
There are a number of open source Business Process Management (BPM) software suites that will help you with your business. Read on to find out more about them.
- Activiti – This workflow and BPM software is targeted at system administrators, as well as developers and business people. It uses the BPMN2 engine, which is written in Java, and is open-source. The program is distributed under the Apache license. Activiti includes analysis, modeling and optimization of business processes to help you achieve the goals you desire.
- Bonita – Bonita allows you to connect people and processes into an application that is easy to manage. You can map your organization and build the data structures as well as a user interface. From this, create reports that allow you to see what is happening, and where you can optimize your business.
- Camunda – This open source platform uses the BPMN2 engine and can be scaled to organizations of varying sizes. This system can be used for both human and system workflows, and is written in Java.
- ProcessMaker – ProcessMaker is cost-effective and easy to use. It can assist your organization, regardless of its size, to design and automate various workflows and processes. You can easily create forms and map work processes in this web-based software. The fact that it is browser-based allows you to manage workflow throughout an entire organization.
- Red Hat JBoss BPM – JBoss allows the documentation, simulation, management and monitoring of business processes. It will allow people to collaborate more effectively and quickly as well as the creation, testing and deployment of new business rules. You can use this software to create dashboards to monitor your processes and help run a better business.
There are many other open source BPM software packages available to businesses that require them. The features and abilities of each package may differ, and you will need to do some research to find the ones which best suit your needs. Using BPM software can help you by streamlining your business processes and making you more efficient.